Sherri D. Way
Sherri D. Way joined Maynes, Bradford, Shipps & Sheftel, LLP as Special Counsel in January, 2014. Sherri specializes in corporate and real estate matters, including complex mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financings, organizational structure, reorganizations and refinancings, and drafting and negotiation of complex commercial contracts, including purchase and sale agreements, real estate leases and other contracts, credit facilities, software and other licensing agreements, and restrictive covenants such as non-competition and non-solicitation agreements. Her industry experience includes representation of oil and gas, real estate, closely-held entities and trade associations, including entities with sophisticated organizational structures comprising both for-profit and not-for-profit subsidiaries. She has also provided legal services in the areas of fiduciary duty law, securities, secured transactions, joint ventures, and other transactions. Sherri was a named partner in the law firm of Krendl Krendl Sachnoff & Way, P.C. for over 20 years, and has served on the adjunct faculty for the University of Denver, College of Law. She has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the Best Lawyers in Denver, Colorado for mergers and acquisitions work, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013. She has been AV rated by Martindale Hubbell for over 15 years.
Prior to commencing her legal career, Sherri was an accountant, holding positions in the oil and gas and radio business, in which she was responsible for all accounting and financial reporting functions, annual and five-year budget plans, management of all accounting and administrative personnel, and administration of human resources and insurance matters.
Sherri graduated from the University of Denver, College of Law, order of St. Ives, graduating second in her class of 213 students. She was named the National Association of Women Lawyers’ Outstanding Woman Law Student in 1990, and earned Alumni Merit Scholarship Awards for 1989 and 1990. She was awarded the David Brofman Trial Advocacy Scholarship for 1988-89 and earned first place in the 1989 Barrister’s Cup Appellate Moot Court competition. Sherri’s academic accomplishments also include the award of American Jurisprudence Awards, Torts I and II, Post Trial Procedure and Secured Transactions. In addition, she received the highest marks in class for her work in Securities and Antitrust law. Sherri graduated from Regis College, earning a Bachelor of Science with an economics minor and an emphasis in accounting and finance, graduating magna cum laude with a cumulative GPA of 3.91/4.0.
Admitted to Practice
- State Bar of Colorado
- Negotiated purchase of controlling interest in significant mixed-use, urban infill development project in the Denver metropolitan area. In addition to assistance with the purchase, work included obtaining new loans and restructuring of loans with face amounts in the aggregate of approximately $200,000,000.
- Negotiated purchase and sale of loan and subsequent participation of loan over $26,000,000.
- Negotiated $200 million credit facility and related documentation for upstream oil and gas business.
- Negotiated $100 million credit facility and related documentation for midstream oil and gas business.
- Negotiated purchase and sale of assets for businesses in the Midwest, with a purchase price of over $5,000,000.
- Provide all real estate and corporate legal services to closely-held, multi-state, multi-location retail business.
- Outside corporate counsel for national trade association (over $75,000,000 in dues annually), providing full range of corporate legal advice.
- Negotiated purchase of controlling interest in over 1,200-acre real estate project on the Front Range.
- Regular counseling about corporate law, financing and related matters for various clients.